We’re thrilled you’ve chosen Atlanta West Veterinary Hospital as your go-to destination when boarding your loved one. We at Atlanta West go above and beyond to make sure your pet’s stay is as comfortable as possible. We encourage potential customers to come visit our facilities as to see for themselves the care and amenities we provide.
We at Atlanta West see animals as individuals and, as you know your own pet better than us, we want you to be able to customize their activities and routine while here.
We offer a variety of pick up and drop off times during the week and certain times during the weekend. Departure and Pick up times are as follows:
- Drop Off times are scheduled during the week between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m during the week, and from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturdays. We are not available for drop offs Saturday evenings, or Sundays.
- Pick Up Times are at 9 a.m. the scheduled day of your pet’s departure, or 5 p.m. Saturdays, and 9 a.m. or 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Atlanta West does have “House Food” that can be fed to your animal, but we recommend that you bring their normal food in small ziploc baggies. Feeding an animal something to which they are unaccustomed can be added stress on an already somewhat stressful situation. If your pet has specific dietary requirements bring the food in small labeled baggies that we can distribute them properly.
- Rabies: The Rabies vaccine is a must have for any pet owners in today’s world. There have been a number of Rabies Positive Cases within the past few years and protecting your pet is of the utmost importance.
- DAPP: Prevents Distemper, Adenovirus 2, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza. All important in potential health upkeep for your pet.
- Bordetella: There are three ways to administer the Bordetella vaccine; injectable, intranasal, and orally. The doctor’s at Atlanta West recommend the oral vaccine as they’ve seen better results.
- Fleas and Ticks: We require that your pet be flea/tick free as fleas/ticks can easily spread to other boarders. We offer a number of solution services including; Revolution, Frontline, Flea/Tick bath, and our Roadrunner Pharmacy Parasite Protection.
Not Required But Highly Recommended
- Canine Flu: Starting on the East Coast this disease has been on a slow push across the country. It can be problematic as dogs have no natural immunity to the disease on first contact.
- Heartworm Prevention: We do NOT require your pet to be current on his/her heartworm prevention, but our Doctors STRONGLY recommend it. Mosquitos can be a major problem in Georgia and are the main carrier for Heartworms. Prevention through different products is easy, but curing them is a much more intricate and expensive process.