Helping your pet live a long, healthy life is important to Atlanta West Veterinary Hospital. Stuart “Win” Burnett Jr., DVM has more than 30 years of experience in offering superior veterinary care to your dogs, cats, reptiles and exotic pets for a reasonable price.
From preventative care and vaccinations to flea and tick treatment and heartworm prevention, we do all we can to take care of those special members of your family. To help with the treatment of your best friends, we offer in-house digital x-rays and an in-house pharmacy.
We know your pets are important to you, so they are important to us. We treat each animal that comes to our clinic as a member of the family, making sure they are cared for and comfortable.
Our Veterinary Services Include:
- Preventative care, pet vaccinations and pet physicals
- Grooming – All breeds of dogs and cats, expert bathing and scissoring, nail trims, flea and tick baths, and more
- Pet Surgery – Neutering, spaying, feline declawing, caesarean sections, orthopedic surgery, and more
- Pet Laser Therapy – Acute and chronic pain relief, back injuries, sprains, arthritis relief, ear infections, and more
- Boarding – 1 night or extended stay for dogs and cats, various sizes of indoor kennels, outdoor runs, and more
- Large Animal Services – Routine vaccinations, equine dentistry, reproductive examinations, house calls, and more
- Heartworm testing, prevention and treatment
- Feline leukemia testing
- Feline immunodeficiency virus testing
- Comprehensive flea and tick control program
- Dental services including teeth cleaning and extractions
- Cold laser therapy
- In-house digital x-rays
- In-house pharmacy
- Artificial Insemination
- Domestic/International Pet Travel Certificates and Services
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on any particulars for your pet.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care situations. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as rat bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to come in during regular business hours. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency. Call Westside Animal Emergency Clinic at 770-819-1090 if after-hours.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is non life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Because of the experience of our practice at Atlanta West Veterinary Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
- Small Farm Animals*
- Large Farm Animals*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
Atlanta West Veterinary Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.